Developed by experts at American Ancestors/NEHGS, this free-to-access national curriculum is designed to expose students in grades 4 through 6 to the concepts, benefits, and joys of family history.
Schedule a one-on-one or department training
Meet with our Youth Genealogy Curriculum Coordinator to learn more about our Family History Curriculum. Brainstorm a personalized plan to incorporate content, lessons, and teaching strategies into your existing curriculum.
Grades: K-12; Our lesson plans target grades 4 through 6, but our inclusive teaching strategies can be used to enhance and expand genealogy in the classroom at any grade level.
Length: 60 minutes
Offered Monday through Friday at a flexible time based on your schedule, including evening hours.
- Incorporating genealogy into your existing curriculum
- Defining family and genealogy with students
- Bringing parents and guardians onboard as partners as students explore their roots
- Navigating sensitive topics with students
- Identifying and addressing common misconceptions that students have about genealogy
- Helping students create a personalized research plan based on their unique history
- Assessing students on their research process
Request a Training